- I am an experienced, accredited therapist who provides an integrative relational approach to counselling and psychotherapy. This approach incorporates aspects from three main therapeutic traditions; person-centred, cognitive and psychodynamic. In particular my practice is underpinned by the ‘person-centred’ model developed by Carl Rogers with an emphasis on creating a therapeutic relationship within a safe, supportive environment.
- Having completed my Masters degree in 2012 I have spent the last 11 years working in private practice, prior to which I worked with the NHS in a busy practice setting while undergoing training.
- As an accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) I am committed to sustaining and advancing good practice.
- Until June 2018 I worked with the Addiction Support and Care Agency (ASCA) in Kingston-upon-Thames. ASCA also has a branch in Richmond.
- I offer a supportive, caring and highly confidential therapeutic environment where your particular experiences can be safely explored. While there are no guarantees about outcomes, it is normally the case that clients feel much more able to cope following a period of therapy.
- As a practicing therapist I have regular supervision to ensure that my practice complies with the strict professional standards to which we/I subscribe.
What you can expect
You can expectTo be heard - not just listened to
Your experience to be met with understanding and respect
That whatever you talk about will be held in strict confidence
To be supported, sometimes challenged (therapy isn’t necessarily comfortable)
I work as an integrative relational therapist. This means that I have studied a number of different schools of therapeutic approach. Common elements of each of these approaches are through practice, integrated to promote optimum therapeutic benefit. I may undertake a fully cognitive-behavioural approach to address aspects of anxiety or depression or in addressing behaviours which are causing you concern.
Call me on 07846 827 062
Please feel free to get in touch, with no obligation, on the above number if you are interested in booking an appointment.
" Others tell one who one is"
RD Laing -'Self and Others'